- KITTY HAWK CV -63 The "Battle Cat" returned from forward deployed at Sasabo, Japan. January'08 home port. 28May'08 deploys from Japan after ten years. Replaced by George Washington. To retire 2009.
CV- 63 Kittyhawk with Carrier Air Wing 5
- ENTERPRISE CVN-65 Returned 20Dec'07 from deployment
Big 'E' is home of Carrier Air Wing One (CVW 1).
Arleigh Burke (DDG 51) Philadelphia (SSN 690)
Stout (DDG 55) USNS Supply (T-AOE 6)
Forrest Sherman (DDG 98)
James E. Williams (DDG 95)
Gettysburg (CG 64)
KENNEDY CV-67 Decommissioned 23Mar'07
July'07 to Norfolk.
- NIMITZ CVN-68 San Diego Sept'07 heading home from deployment.
24Jan'08 deploys to replace Kitty Hawk while in maintenance. 3Mar So Korea. Exercise with Essex. June'08 return.
Carrier Strike Group 11.
Nimitz (CVN-68) Carrier Air Wing 11
John Paul Jones (DDG 53)
Reuben James (FFG 57) -- redeployed Sept'08
O'Kane (DDG 77) -- redeployed Sept'08
- EISENHOWER CVN-69 Norfolk. 23May'07 returned from deployment. July'07 exercises.
Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) Carrier Air Wing 7
Anzio (CG 68)
Ramage (DDG 61)
Mason (DDG 87)
Newport News (SSN 750)
Arctic (T-AOE 8).
- VINSON CVN-70 "Gold Eagle", Bremerton, WA.
15Nov'05 into drydock Norfolk for 3-year refuel and major overhaul. Aug'08 Crew back
- ROOSEVELT CVN-71 , Norfolk. 10Mar'07 Into yard for
9-mo maint. 17Mar'08 to sea for quals. 24May complete quals. 8Sept'08 deploy. 4Oct CapeTown, S.Afr.
Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71
Carrier Air Wing 8 with 70 aircraft
Supply (T-AOE 3)
- LINCOLN CVN-72 Everett, Wash. July'07 Underway qualifications. 24Aug'07 passed quals. CSG 9. May'08 in Gulf. Sep'08 at Pearl returning home. Oct 9 arrived SanDiego. Dec Training, home Everett, Wash.
Carrier Strike Group 9
CVN-71 Abraham Lincoln
Carrier Air Wing Two.
- WASHINGTON CVN-73 Depart Norfolk, 7April'08 to forward deploy to Yokosuka, Japan, replacing Kitty Hawk (CV-63). Fire 22May'08. Depart for Japan 21Aug'08. Arrive Yokosuka Sept. 25
Oct 2 exercises.
George Washington (CVN-73) with Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 17
Farragut (DDG 99)
Kauffman (FFG 59)
CG -63 Cowpens - Yokosuka, Japan
DDG-56 John S. McCain
DDG 63 Stethem
CG -62 Chancellorsville , DDG-54 Curtis Wilbur , SSN-698 Bremerton
- STENNIS CVN-74 Bremerton, WA. 29Sept'07 to 6-mo dry dock. Jan'08 out of drydock. Mar'08 return from trials. May training. June FltExercise. Oct test Growler EA-18G.
Carrier Strike Group 7
USS JOHN C. STENNIS (CVN-74)
- TRUMAN CVN-75 Norfolk. Nov'07 Deploy. May'08 returning through Med.
Harry S. Truman - CVN-75
Air Wing Three - 80 planes
San Jacinto (CG 56)
Hue City (CG 66)
USS Monterey (CG 61)
USS Barry (DDG 52)
USS Mason (DDG 87)
USS Albuquerque (SSN 706)
USNS Arctic (T-AOE 8) civilian crew *
- REAGAN CVN-76 San Diego. May'07 Maint. Nov'07 trials.
Exercise 17Mar'08 to 7Apr. 20May08 Deploy. 19June Hong Kong; July Japan; Aug Malaysia; Nov heads home.
Carrier Strike Group 7
Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) with CVW (Carrier Air Wing) 14
USNS Rainier (TAOE 7).
- U.S.S. George H.W. Bush CVN-77 to commission Jan. 10, 2009. Then builder's trials.
The fleet reorganized in 2004 separating the Battle Fleet into independent
Carrier Strike Groups and Expeditionary Strike Groups. The new ESG has greater
independence of operation and consists of
an Amphibious Ready Group with the addition of a supporting cruiser, destroyers and submarine. Six carrier strike groups can be deployed within 30 days; two more CSG can reinforce or rotate within three months.
Military Sealift Command operates more than 110 noncombatant, civilian-crewed ships that replenish Navy ships at sea, chart ocean bottoms, conduct undersea surveillance, strategically pre-position combat cargo at sea around the world, and move 95 percent of military equipment and supplies used by deployed U.S. forces.
* USNS Arctic (T-AOE-8), fast combat support ship, 754 feet, provides food, fuel, supplies and ammunition to a carrier strike group with 160 civilian crew and 60 sailors.