- KITTY HAWK CV -63 The "Battle Cat" is forward deployed with Sasabo, Japan.
CV- 63 Kittyhawk with Carrier Air Wing 5
CG -62 Chancellorsville
CG -63 Cowpens - Yokosuka, Japan
DDG-54 Curtis Wilbur
DDG-56 John S. McCain
- ENTERPRISE CVN-65 Training out of Norfolk after extended maintence. Deployed. . Returned.
USS ENTERPRISE (CVN 65) with Air Wing One
Cape St. George (CG-71)
- KENNEDY CV -67 Florida. Likely to retire '06 or when Bush is launched.
decommissioned 23 Mar'2007.
- NIMITZ CVN-68 San Diego, Surge till Mar after Gulf tour.
Carrier Strike Group 11.
Nimitz (CVN-68) Carrier Air Wing 11
Princeton (CG-59) USNS Bridge (T-AOE 10) [civilian]
Chaffee (DDG-90) Louisville (SSN 724)
- EISENHOWER CVN-69 Norfolk. Excercising after 3-year overhaul. Deploys 3 Oct;06
CVN-69 Dwight D. Eisenhower
Carrier Air Wing 7
- VINSON CVN-70 "Gold Eagle", Bremerton, WA.
15Nov'05 into drydock Norfolk for 3-year refuel and major overhaul.
- ROOSEVELT CVN-71 , Norfolk. 1Sep'05 deployed as CSG-2 in Gulf area making air strikes on terrorists. February, heading home..
Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71
Carrier Air Wing 8 with 70 aircraft
San Jacinto CG-56
Donald Cook DDG-75
Oscar Austin DDG-79
De Bazan F-101 (Spanish frigate)
Mount Baker T-AE 34
Kanawha T-AO 196.
- LINCOLN CVN-72 Returned Everett, Wash. 12Mar'05.
Carrier Strike Group 9
CVN-71 Abraham Lincoln
Carrier Air Wing Two.
CG-67 USS Shiloh
DDG-65 USS Benfold
DDG-86 USS Shoup
SSN-724 USS Louisville
AOE-7 USS Rainier
- WASHINGTON CVN-73 Norfolk, Completed drydock Sep'05. Nov '06 Yard for new information and weapons systes. To forward deploy to Yokosuka, Japan, replacing Kitty Hawk in 2008.
- STENNIS CVN-74 Bremerton, WA. Sea Training/Qualifications Feb'06.
Carrier Strike Group 7
USS JOHN C. STENNIS (CVN-74)
Carrier Air Wing 9
USS LAKE CHAMPLAIN (CG-57)
USS HOWARD (DDG-83)
USS FORD (FFG-54)
USS SALT LAKE CITY (SSN-716)
USS RAINER (T-AOE-7) civilian crew *
- TRUMAN CVN-75 Norfolk. To go into
Yard period Jan'06, back Nov'06.
Harry S. Truman - CVN-75
Air Wing Three - 80 planes
USS Monterey (CG 61)
USS Barry (DDG 52)
USS Mason (DDG 87)
USS Albuquerque (SSN 706)
USNS Arctic (T-AOE 8) civilian crew *
- REAGAN CVN-76 San Diego. 4Jan'06 deploys to western Pacific. Australia. Feb, Singapore
Carrier Strike Group 7
Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) with CVW (Carrier Air Wing) 14
Lake Champlain (CG-57)
Pinckney (DDG 91) ?
The fleet reorganized in 2004 separating the Battle Fleet into independent
Carrier Strike Groups and Expeditionary Strike Groups. The new ESG has greater
independence of operation and consists of
an Amphibious Ready Group with the addition of a supporting cruiser, destroyers and submarine. Six carrier strike groups can be deployed within 30 days; two more CSG can reinforce or rotate within three months.
Expeditionary Strike Group 1 (ESG-1) San Diego. Jul'05 deployed western Pacific.
16Nov'05 exercise in Arabian Sea. Jan'06 heading home. 24Jan'06 visits Ssinapore.
Tarawa (LHA-1) Chosin (CG-65)
Cleveland (LPD-7) Ingraham (FFG 61)
Pearl Harbor (LSD-52) Gonzalez (DDG-66)
13th Marine Expeditionary Unit Santa Fe (SSN-763)
Expeditionary Strike Group 2 consisting of East coast and Gulf ships.
To maintenance early'05.
Wasp (LHD-1) Leyte Gulf (CG-55) Connecticut (SSN-22)
Whidbey (LSD-41) McFaul (DDG-74)
22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit.
Saipan Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) Norfolk.
Saipan (LHA 2) Hue City (CG 66) Newport News (SSN 750)
Trenton (LPD 14) The Sullivans (DDG 68)
Oak Hill (LSD 51) Underwood (FFG 36)
Essex Expeditionary Strike Group forward deployed at Sasebo, Japan. Jan 26 visit Guam.
Essex (LHD 2) *
Juneau (LPD 10)
Harpers Ferry (LSD 49)
Fort McHenry (LSD 43)
31st Marine Expeditionary Unit
* -The Essex sickbay is bigger, better equipped and manned than a carrier
Expeditionary Strike Group 5 (ESG-5) Based in San Diego;
Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) Bunker Hill (CG-52) Pasadena (SSN 752)
Duluth (LPD 6) Milius (DDG 69) Munro (WHEC 724) USCGC
Rushmore (LSD 47) Thach (FFG 43) 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit
Kearsarge Expeditionary Strike Group, KSG ESG 25Mar'05 deployed.
Kearsarge (LHD 3) Normandy (CG 60) Scranton (SSN 756)
Ashland (LSD 48) Gonzalez (DDG 66)
Ponce (LPD 15) Kauffman (FFG 59)
26th Marine Expeditionary Unit
Bataan (LHD 5) - Nov'04 returns to fleet from 6-month maintenance.
Boxer deployed 29Apr05 San Diego for Western Pacific. Returned from Western Pacific 14Sep'05
Boxer (LHD 4)
John Paul Jones (DDG 56 )
Nassau Expeditionary Strike Group Eight. Norfolk . 26Nov'05 Transit Suez.
Nassau (LHA 4) Cape St. George (CG 71)
with 22nd MEU. Winston Churchill (DDG 81)
Austin (LPD 4) Laboom (DDG 58)
Carter Hall (LSD 50) Norfolk (SSN 714)
Saipan Ready Group. Deployed May; returned 25Aug'05.
USS Saipan (LHA 2) USS Nicholas (FFG 47)
USS Nashville (LPD 13)
Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) 3 Based in San Diego. Dec'05 - Training for deployment. Jan'06 Certified for deployment. Feb 15 depart for Persian Gulf.
Peleiu (LHA-5) Port Royal (CG-73)
Germantown (LSD-42) Gonzales (DDG-66)
Ogden (LPD-5) Reuben James (FFG-57)
11th Marine Exp Unit TACron 11, HSCron 21
Expeditionary Strike Group 3 (ESG-3) Based in San Diego.
Belleau Wood (LHA 3) Mobile Bay (CG 53) Charlotte (SSN 766)
Denver (LPD 9) Preble (DDG 88)
Comstock (LSD 45) Hopper (DDG 70)
LHD 7 Iwo Jima. ARG. 2nd Fleet, Atlantic. Jan'06. Preparing for deployment.
LSD-51 Oak Hill, based at Little Creek, deployed 24Jan'06.
CG-69 Vicksburg left Mayport 25Jan'06
DDG-80 Roosevelt, Mayport.
Military Sealift Command operates more than 110 noncombatant, civilian-crewed ships that replenish Navy ships at sea, chart ocean bottoms, conduct undersea surveillance, strategically pre-position combat cargo at sea around the world, and move 95 percent of military equipment and supplies used by deployed U.S. forces.
* USNS Arctic (T-AOE-8), fast combat support ship, 754 feet, provides food, fuel, supplies and ammunition to a carrier strike group with 160 civilian crew and 60 sailors.
Return to : WWT menu
Battle Groups - 2005
Battle Groups - 2004
Battle Groups - 2003